CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Thursday, February 28, 2008

Call Me Susie



Now that I am not working (hallelujah!), I am enjoying being a house wife. Everyone at my last job kept telling me, "You'll be so bored and want to come back to work." all while I am thinking "I could never be THAT bored that I would go back to work at THAT office." I have to say I have been loving every minute of being at home. I start out my day by going to the gym, then come home to walk Duncan. Then I either clean a little or do some laundry while I bake or scrapbook. The other day I tried out a new recipe that I thought I would share. It is so tasty and goes great with the homemade rolls I made last week -- call me Susie homemaker.


Potato Cheese Soup


3 cups chicken broth
5 cups diced potato
1/2 cup chopped onion
1 cup chopped celery
1/2 tsp pepper
1 tsp salt
3/4 cup margarine
3/4 flour
1 pint half and half
1 pint milk
8 oz shredded cheddar cheese

Combine broth, onion, salt, pepper, celery, and potatoes. Cook until potatoes are tender. Make a white sauce with margarine, flour, 1/2 and 1/2, and milk. Stir into veggies. Add cheese and heat through.


**I like to serve with crumbled bacon on top!**

5 comments:

Sidney said...

Sounds really good, I'll have to try it sometime! Even though hot soup usually isn't too appealing down here in hot and steamy Houston!!! Now why did you quite your job again??? I'm glad you get to relax for awhile!

Jordan said...

Oh Susie Homemaker, thank you for this lovely recipe!

mcgee family said...

Glad to see that you are passing the time, and becoming the stay at home wifey you always dreamed of being! LOL

Jessica said...

My Baby Sister,I shed a little tear over your Suzie-ness. What really cracks me up is you call me to ask ???s about rolls and such while baking. Do you know how many times I have dumped something in the garbage because the yeast didn't rise and I got tired of waiting for it????
And the crafty side of you I knew was lurking in there this whole time. It makes a big sister proud!
LUV YA!!!!

Maegan said...

Danica,
That sounds like a really great recipe. I think since you have all this time on your hands, maybe we should get together.