CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Monday, December 17, 2007

Look at me, I'm tonsil free!!


So, last Thursday, I went under the knife and had a tonsillectomy. They wheeled me into to OR (which if you have never had surgery it is FREEZING) with Prince blasting in the back ground. Apparently that was Dr. Batuello's choice of music for the surgery. Then they wrapped me up like a burrito (how fitting for those who know me) in warm blankets and said think of somewhere tropical.....Zzz. It took only 35 minutes, which is too bad. I was enjoying the nice deep sleep I was in thanks to a fantastic anesthesiologist.
When I woke up in recovery, I had the best nurse. She got me another warm blanket and tucked me in and let me sleep for a while before getting Nathan. I was so relaxed that apparently I kept setting off my heart monitor alarm and she had to check on me multiple times to make sure I was still alive! They gave me some Popsicles and sherbet to enjoy once I woke up, which wasn't so bad since my throat was still numb.
At home, it was back to bed for me. Of course, it is hard to sleep when you are frozen. Imagine eating ice, ice pack on your neck, humidifier blowing in your face, all while it is snowing outside. BRRRR!!! Nathan was thoughtful enough to purchase a heated mattress pad for me so now all I do is sleep. Occasionally, I get up to take my medicine and to try and eat which is quit challenging with a swollen tongue. I sound like Corky (for those who know who that is) when I talk. The poor dog can't understand a thing I say to him and Nathan is man deaf so half the time I have to try and repeat myself. Over all, I think that I am doing better than I thought I would. However, I must say I am really tired of Popsicles, sherbet, and noodles. I guess I should add in the title "And I am starving and will soon look like Kate Moss." So until next time, this super model is out!

3 comments:

Jordan said...

Kate Moss? It could be worse; you could be starving by choice.

Jordan said...

And also, Nathan can't call you the Blog Queen for one measley post. (Not that your post was measley but it helped to emphasize my point). Next time you are referred to as Miss Blogger or Blog Queen, there better be a whole slew of postings for me to read. Get on it!!

Jordan said...

Seriously though, I love you guys.

PS - Today, I am the Comment Queen. This should make up for my lack of participation in your surveys.