CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Sunday, April 20, 2008

Ole!

So I mentioned that we had a pinata - and not just any pinata. A really hideous one that looks, well like a poor Mexican horse. Ha! Why you ask? We had a ward birthday party and each month had it's own table and was suppose to be decorated. My friend and I were in charge of May and decided on a Cinco De Mayo theme. It turned out pretty cute with a fajita bar, sombreros, jalapenos, and of course the coup de grace a huge donkey pinata with a sombrero on! (which I got an awesome deal on! Did you know you can haggle with the checkers at WalMart?! I didn't either until my friend suggested it while I was checking out. But that is another story.) As I was carrying this eye sore around the church, the following conversation took place:

Me: I have no idea what I am going to do with this thing after all of this is over.

Friend: Ha, keep it and we can have a joint birthday party with it.

Bishopric wife: (very casually) Oh, well you can keep it and have naked pinata night with your husband.

Me: What? (not so much a what as in "Oh, what is that? That sounds nice." more of a "Say whaaat?")

Bishopric wife: You know, you, Nathan, no clothes, and the pinata. It could be lots of fun.

Ok, I was not offended by this comment, I thought it to be quite hilarious. However, our friends don't seem to be interested in having game night at our house...


I present to you El Burro, our current center piece in the kitchen.

2 comments:

Lemon Family said...

ewwwew....jeremy says that is worse than bath night

Jessica said...

I have no comment... That can be left where evryone else can view. But sheeesh what an ugle buro.. When you said it was ugly I though maybe some gross color or something. But Sheeesh! It is just ugly all around.