CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Sunday, May 25, 2008

SLUG BUG!


My oldest sister and her family have visited twice in the last couple of months. While here, I have been reintroduced to the game of slug bug. However, she plays with some different rules.

1. no slugging (isn't that the point of the game!?) - apparently this causes issues between certain siblings

2. not only do you have to be the first to yell slug bug, you must give an accurate description of the car ie: slug bug blue with spoiler and antenna or slug bug black convertible.

3. and lastly when driving past a VW dealership, one cannot just keep yelling slug bug over and over...they don't count according to her husband. (yeah, whatever. I so would have won!)


I never really thought about the game until they came to visit. Now, I find myself counting VWs to and from work. It has created a competitive rivalry between Nathan and myself (yeah, I always win.) But, more than that, I have realized that there are a lot of them out there. I guess we didn't get the memo that everyone should drive one. Right...could you see 6'4", 230 lbs of Nathan driving one? Perhaps with a daisy in the cup holder? Yeah, me neither.

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Slug Bug has unfair advantages for those who aren't driving. The game is rigged.

All I am saying is...I'm a very good driver.

James said...

I would have to agree with you on that. You are a very safe driver and why is it the wives never worry about it until you are in the city during rush hour traffic to play.

All I am saying is...I too am a very safe driver!

mcgee family said...

No slugging? What fun is that?!?

Janae said...

Another fun game for a nice switch up is Cadillac Whack. These cars are a LOT harder to spot as fast as slug bugs. And Yes, whacking is necessary in our game. Where's the fun if you don't get to hit?

Gramma Darla said...

Can I PLEASE be listed as a blogging buddy!
;-(

Sidney said...

I don't know... I think a daisy holder might be a secret fantasy that Nathan has... and a sky blue bug. He may be a closet freak and we just don't know it!

Danica said...

Possibly a secrect fantasy of a convertable bug...so the wind can rush through his hair!

Amy said...

yeah...slug bug is hard without the slugging, thats why its slug bug. Its hard to slug the kids in the back while your driving though so we don't do the slugging either, just when my sisters and brother are around! :)