CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Sunday, July 19, 2009

Lifesavers

This weekend we went hiking at Castlewood Canyon with the dog. Before we left, Nathan had to stop at a convenience store to grab something to drink. Running inside he asked if I would like anything and I said, "Sure, I would like some Lifesavers." Not a complicated request, but one that was not fulfilled. He came back with a roll of (gasp) Certs!!! This is the conversation that followed:

N: They didn't have any Lifesavers.
D: What? Not even in a big bag?
N: Oh, I didn't think look.
D: Really? You've been in this family for how long and you didn't find any Lifesavers?

Let me explain myself Lucy. My family has a serious love for Wint-o-green Lifesavers. There are a few places that they are expected to be located: candy dish in the kitchen at my parents, a large bag in the storage room and a generous handful in my dad's coat pocket at church. After the sacrament, we are given our "adult cheerios". (same shape and they keep us quite)

So, not getting my Lifesavers was disappointing to say the least. But, it did help me come up with this doozy - I think I could repackage Lifesavers and sell them to church goin' folk. They will be called.....SacraMINTS!

5 comments:

Jordan said...

sacraMINTS - clever!!

BoyMaker said...

You are what they call pint-sized fun! We love your guts & miss you to pieces. Teenie tiny little pieces.

Maegan said...

Very Clever, you should totally market it!

jon and alli said...

i am happy to call you my friend!

Jessica said...

*laugh* *laugh* *laugh* tears rolling down my face....
You have quite the way of explaining the way our family does things. We will have to keep you around!!! And Mormons would buy SacraMINTS. Sales would go down around the first Sunday of every month, but they would rebound the Monday after!!!! :)