CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Sunday, August 17, 2008

Anniversary and Dan-i-cakes

Thursday we celebrated our anniversary - 9 years! Nathan brought me flowers and I got him a portable Ipod player/speaker. We went to nice dinner of Italian but did not have dessert. Don't worry, I made a delicious red velvet cake complete white chocolate frosting and raspberries. I have a friend that has told me I should go into the cake business. She even came up with the name Dan-i-cakes. So, there you have it. It has been trademarked. (not that I plan on having a cake business. I just like the name.) I posted a picture of the master piece as requested. It was yummy!

Yes, the raspberry filling is heart shaped :)

4 comments:

BoyMaker said...

Love the cake - love the picture - love Joshua Radin. You must have a good husband --- he surprises me on occasion! Now - about the pics - lets crop that kung fu one to minimize the headless chubby girl in the background. SERIOUSLY!!!

Natalie said...

Um. How did you get heart-shaped filling in your cake?! I'm guessing you had a special pan....

I love Dan-i-cakes, too. And no, I didn't have to make my own birthday cake (for the first time in... a decade perhaps.) My mom made one for me. Sounds like we just missed you guys in I.F. I was there over the weekend.

Janae said...

Nice Cake! But, I think you should have made a hot dog cake instead. Ok, seriously I'll let it go. I just had to play after those nasty comments from you and amy. :0)

mcgee family said...

wow. you must have an amazingly bright friend... "Danicakes" is such an awesome idea! who wouldn't want to buy a cake from someone named Danica Lemon-founder of Danicakes Bakery? perfect name for a baker! (& perfect name for a bakery!) :)