CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Monday, January 19, 2009

Winner, winner, chicken dinner!

This past weekend, we were invited to "Poker Night" with some friends. For many of us it was our first time playing Texas Hold 'Em, so it was agreed that we wouldn't play for money. (Which is too bad...see photo below.)

Yes, that's me raking in my winnings off of a pair of Aces. Nathan was out at this point and sitting on the couch with one of the other losing husbands so I had my friend take this picture since Nathan wouldn't even look at me in all of my glory. (Thanks Lisa!) Said husbands were tired and ready to go while I was still playing so it was decided that we would play one last hand and the two of us left would go all in. It wasn't looking good for me until the last card...I won!!!!! (insert visual of me jumping up and down screaming) I'm sure that it will never happen again, so I am milking my victory for all it's worth.

4 comments:

Amy said...

I can totally see you jumping up and down! Way to go, winner!

Jordan said...

Wow, you're really raking it in. I will never play Texas Hold 'Em with you. Never. (unless we can be on a team, in which case I call dibs on D)!

mcgee family said...

i am still trying to figure out how you cheated....i mean, really?? who ever has a pair of aces? only cheaters!! (yeah, maybe i am just a sore loser...i was the first one out, after all!!) LOL!

BoyMaker said...

So my question is...do you really get chicken dinner? I mean --- was it worth it to be such a glory hog?!?
That being said - I'm jealous of the social opportunities that we miss out on out here. :( boo hoo! MISS YA!